They emerge at night while you and your family are fast asleep, stealthily crawling over the surface of your skin in search of a vulnerable place to feed. Sounds gross don’t it? Yes, we are talking about bed bugs, those tiny elusive creatures that have been making our lives hell since time immemorial. What they lack in size they make up in numbers as bed bugs live in colonies and once they entrench themselves in your home it becomes increasingly difficult to get rid of them. It is best to engage the services of a Toronto pest control company before the problem spirals out of control.
For most people bed bugs are a menace although they can be intriguing at times. We’ve compiled a couple of fun facts for you so that you can learn a little more about these creepy crawlies.
- Bed bugs are nocturnal creatures and come out to play mostly at night. They are like tiny vampires that feed on you in the shadows of the night. Creepy!!!!!
- Bed bugs can live anywhere and are not just restricted to your bedroom. They can live anywhere period! These pesky critters usually lodge themselves in tiny nooks and crevices. They tend to hide in some of the most unlikely places such as in between doorknob handles, under carpets, cracks in the wall and even possibly your shoes. So next time before you wear your shoes, make sure to dust them out or else you might be in for a rude surprise.
- A bed bug can survive for 550 days without any food.
- A hatchling bedbug can take about 2 months to grow into an adult.
- You might be going crazy by now with the bed bug menace in your home, but guess what? The Romans actually used these insects for treating mental illnesses. How ironical?
- Bed bugs are very productive creatures. Apparently, the females can lay five eggs a day, and if that’s not bad enough, it is estimated that they can lay about 500 eggs in their whole life. Apparently the average lifespan of an adult bed bug is a year. Imagine an entire army of bed bugs swarming your living space? Stuff of nightmares right?
If you notice the presence of bed bugs in your home, immediately contact a bed bug removal specialist. Neglecting a bed bug infestation would only increase their proliferation in your home. Heat Treatments are the most effective way to deal with this menace and it kills bed bugs in one day.. Apart from that you can try one of several bed bug treatment products in the market. Bed bug kits, bed bug sprays, and bed bug traps are some of the most used, but less effective bed bug treatment products that people try to combat the infestation in your home.