5 Signs That You Have Bed Bug Problem
There’s been plenty of talk as of late about bed big infestations. As a result, you may have trouble getting to sleep at night. Laying there imagining them crawling up your flesh in your sleep—it’s absolutely miserable.
However, you don’t have to just sit and wonder if you are harboring bed bugs. The truth is, there are quite a few signs that can tip you off to a bed bug infestation. If you think these nasty critters might be invading your sleep space, then you need to search for the following signs:
- Blood smears on your sheets—Check your sheets carefully. If you find smears of blood and you have no clue where they came from, they could be the result of bed bug activity. That’s because bed bugs bite you, drawing blood. And they also inadvertently can get smashed as you roll around in bed at night.
- Fecal matter—As all living things must, bed bugs have to defecate. That said, where else would they do their business other than right there on your bed? Look for small dark specs that look similar to pepper. As soon as you clean it up, call us to get rid of them!
- Skin that’s been shed—At times, bed bugs will shed their outer shell. Obviously, if you find the dried skin of a bug in your bed, you’d have serious reason for alarm. But don’t fret—help is but a phone call away.
- Mysterious bites—Take off your clothes and inspect your skin. Do you have mystery bites? Sometimes they can be mistaken for other types of bites, but a bed bug bite will have a small red dot at its center. Usually you’ll find more than just one random bite as well.
- You actually see them—The odds of you actually seeing a bed bug are pretty slim. That’s because they sleep all day, tucked craftily away in the most narrow cracks and crevices. However, pretty much anything is possible. So if you want to catch a glimpse, get up in the middle of the night and keep an eye out. They are nocturnal, after all.
If you find evidence of any of the above signs, then you really might have a bed bug problem. In that case, you need to know what step to take next. Your best bet is to call (647) 928-6655 and speak to us about how we can help.
We utilize a special treatment known as heat treatment. It is chemical free and extremely thorough. Typically it only requires one application and you’ll find yourself rid of bed bugs indefinitely. It’s easy to prepare for, and absolutely safe for you, your family, pets, and the environment. So contact Bed Bugs & Beyond for one day eradication today!